Wednesday 20 September 2023

Brady Offers Financial Advice to College Star After Lavish Purchase

After going full “Brady Mode” on Saturday while taking the University of Colorado Boulder Buffaloes to an astonishing double-overtime win against the Rams, college superstar Shedeur Sanders appeared alongside his father (and coach), Deion Sanders, on Tom Brady’s Let’s Go! podcast.

Near the end of the interview, the former Patriots star offered Shedeur some humorous financial advice, when Deion asked Brady if he thought Shedeur needed the Rolls Royce he recently purchased for himself. “I think he needs to get his ass in the film room and spend as much time in there as possible,” Brady said, before reiterating: “Less time in the car and more time in the film room.”

“I’ve seen you had one too, Tom. Don’t think I haven’t seen,” Shedeur shot back.

“That was just a rental,” Brady admitted. “I had a few bucks in my pocket at that point. I’ll share some car stories when we’re together next time.”

Shedeur solidified his status as one of the industry’s freshest stars with his performance last weekend. After the game, he gave an interview in which he attributed the performance to Brady's inspirational career. 

“All I was thinking was ‘Brady Mode,’ that’s it,” he said. “We talk after every game. I’m sure he’s gonna text me any second. But that's all I was thinking is ‘Brady Mode,’ if he can do it, I can do it. We're just alike." Brady replied by telling fans on Instagram: “I just want to go Shedeur mode at some point in my life.”

During the episode, Brady explained why he's happy to help the young QB. "I'm always here for him. In him, I see someone who has a great work ethic but wants the knowledge too. I think all of us on this call had so many people in our lives which allowed us to be successful. Obviously having great parents, but having these other instrumental people that come in at the right time when you're open to learning."

He continued: "People always ask me: 'How good do you think this guy is going to be?' And I say, 'It depends on who he surrounds himself with. It depends who mentors him.' Because even you, [Deion Sanders], weren't a finished product at 21 or 22. I certainly wasn't. I had the right people come into my life and I was open to learning from them."

Sanders’ performance has revitalized the Buffaloes, who won only one game last year. They’ll face off this Saturday against Oregon in a much-hyped game.



from Men's Journal https://ift.tt/r13hbIL

No comments:

Post a Comment