Monday 30 September 2024

Jason Sudeikis Seen Pleading With Aggressive Fans to Back Off

Ted Lasso star Jason Sudeikis snapped at a group of aggressive autograph seekers on Sunday night, footage obtained by TMZ shows.

Sudeikis was leaving the Dynasty Typewriter comedy club in Los Angeles following a performance when the fracas occurred. Between 15 and 20 of Sudeikis’ fans had reportedly begun lining up outside the venue at 6:30 p.m. and waited for the Saturday Night Live alum until he left at 9:30 p.m.

Sudeikis’ initial encounter with the fans wasn’t caught on video, but when the footage begins he’s walking briskly away from a large group as one man keeping pace with the actor asks, “Can I at least get one photo?” Sudekis tells the man “no” before quickly turning to address the rest of the group.

“Guys, just please stop. Stop. I’m not going to sign anything,” Sudeikis tells them. “I literally have to go, I’m sorry. That was a lot,” he continued, referring to the encounter outside the venue. “That scared the s--t out of me. For real, I’m just a human being. Please stop. Please, I’m going home, good night. I’m sorry.”

Even as Sudeikis dips into the parking garage, the man recording tries to barter for a picture or autograph. “Maybe as you stand and wait for your [car]?” he asks as the actor walks away.

The incident comes shortly after pop singer Chappell Roan drew boundaries with her own fans regarding extreme behavior. “I don’t care that abuse and harassment, stalking, whatever, is a normal thing to do to people who are famous or a little famous, whatever,” Roan said. “I don’t care that it’s normal.”

Earlier this month, Sudeikis’ SNL co-star, Maya Rudolph, made similar remarks and said she understood Roan’s perspective.

“I was grateful that someone of her status spoke that honestly and openly,” Rudolph reflected to Variety. “I think it was the moment when she spoke about people touching her that I thought, ‘Ooh, I’ve never heard anyone really talk about that!’ Because no one’s really thinking about it when they’re grabbing you, but it actually isn’t pleasurable for me, and I don’t do well with it. I wish that I handled it better, but I really don’t.”



from Men's Journal https://ift.tt/bBr9y7F

No comments:

Post a Comment